Shoutbox: [26-03] Bedlam: Does anybody think it's worth making this a usable website again with the neverending time outs et.?

Feedback / Time for a change

ThaMaster -
Baas in alle opzichten.
On 17-08-2010 23:24:20, addict wrote:

At least opperhoofd would be bashing as an adult , and not in a very childish way like many others , time to make opperhoofd moderator again !!

Who votes for him |?

( moest effe )

Ik hou me mond maar ik heb een emoticon die ik erg graag hierbij wil gebruiken.  :')
m4a1 -
blablablabla
On 17-08-2010 23:09:57, Loony wrote:

Getting on to people about grammar is ridiculous...

I mean all you have to do is read it word to word & you can work out with your BRAIN which I'm assuming everyone's got to read it & understand it.

Plus it takes less brain power to read something with out punctuation in it than it does to come up with a smart arse comment.

Just clear your mind & read... simple.

If you use poor and bad grammar, I won't take you serious. With me many others. The consequence of this is that almost noboy reads your comment, which makes it nothing more then useless pagefilling.
Shevie -
Einde

I mean all you have to do is read it word to word & you can work out with your BRAIN which I'm assuming everyone's got to read it & understand it.

Plus it takes less brain power to read something with out punctuation in it than it does to come up with a smart arse comment.

Maybe the writer should use his brains to know where he should put points, comma's etc.? Is better for the image of the site also imo. It stands also a bit more 'mature', a word which came by many times in this topic.
Pithune -
Shadow Interaction
On 17-08-2010 22:54:07, Vogelhuisje wrote:

Opperhoofd has been, and is currently, inactive for a long time. Yet the trolling continued.

It's not to blame it on him, whatever you do in life, you control the outcome..

for some reason, i've started to get a little respect for you because you're acting normal and formal

all the others should be following the example
Morango -
What is real?
On 17-08-2010 22:54:07, Vogelhuisje wrote:

Opperhoofd has been, and is currently, inactive for a long time. Yet the trolling continued.

It's not to blame it on him, whatever you do in life, you control the outcome..

if there's too much trolling... the [Moderator] has the tools to stop it... the "delete", "ban" & "close comments" tools.

here's a example:

http://lsdb.nl/set/45958/Helleye_-_Home__20-04-2010.html

i closed the comments, as[Set Editor] i got this extra tool  :thumbsup:

maybe if we were like the sleeper  :arrow: http://lsdb.nl/user/sleeper.html there wouldn't be a single problem.. he's a top poster & you'll rarely will see him in the shoutbox or making replies except for adding TLs  ^.^
Jipdenk -
Fristi

I'M
NOT
GETTING
ANYONE
ON
GRAMMAR

All I said was that it annoyed me.
On 17-08-2010 22:59:31, Jipdenk wrote:

But oh well, never mind my complains.
Morango -
What is real?
On 18-08-2010 00:09:41, Pithune wrote:

[...]
for some reason, i've started to get a little respect for you because you're acting normal and formal

all the others should be following the example

isn't easy to fight the negative rate crew  :D eheheh
Loony -
Big Dawg
But its not just grammar, its typo's aswell. If someone makes a typo on here ya usually get a smart arse making some kind of comment about the typo instead of taking a millisecond to realize what word they were trying to say.

& as for the image of the site, its the information that's said that makes up what the site is about, not grammar.

Grammar is an easy thing to look past, but I suppose if it really bother's you that much then don't read it. Like m4a1 say's he does... but then comments about it straight after it.
ernestoow -
its very difficult to setup and maintain a (friendly) community where people support eachother instead of flaming & trolling. a strict policy from the beginning and enough people to moderate are 2 requirements to be able to archieve this.  :)

anyway....i hope you manage to create a better atmosphere  :worship:
helleye -
∞ infinity of possibilit
On 18-08-2010 00:12:46, Morango wrote:

[...]

if there's too much trolling... the [Moderator] has the tools to stop it... the "delete", "ban" & "close comments" tools.

here's a example:

http://lsdb.nl/set/45958/Helleye_-_Home__20-04-2010.html

i closed the comments, as[Set Editor] i got this extra tool  :thumbsup:

maybe if we were like the sleeper  :arrow: http://lsdb.nl/user/sleeper.html there wouldn't be a single problem.. he's a top poster & you'll rarely will see him in the shoutbox or making replies except for adding TLs  ^.^

lol lol lol ..ur a peacemaker but at the same time u are a instigator ..
f.example

http://lsdb.nl/forum/topic/1125/113.html or hier

http://lsdb.nl/forum/topic/1125/116.html and many other examples, wich i did not respond

when u say sumfing pls dont tlk about gods, especially me  :)
djdesudo -
Gearbox Owns The Night
As set editor you can delete comments and close topics?  :?
Loony -
Big Dawg
On 18-08-2010 00:58:06, djdesudo wrote:

As set editor you can delete comments and close topics?  :?

Ya can't delete comments but you can close the comments on the sets that are upped.

Infact, you should be a Mod. Bert you should make this happen. if he wants to that is.
Gewijzigd door Loony op 18-08-2010 01:04
djdesudo -
Gearbox Owns The Night
I'd be a Mod, already suggested the idea.

Don't like when pointless arguements break out and if its controlable i'd be happy to help out.
Theekop -
Woef woef Pluto
Dit topic nu  :doh:
lawless29 -
Riding along, singin a song.....
On 18-08-2010 01:20:11, djdesudo wrote:

I'd be a Mod, already suggested the idea.

Don't like when pointless arguements break out and if its controlable i'd be happy to help out.

only if you dont go on a power trip lol i want what we all want good sets and maybe some good banter not to see peoples deaths being mocked thats not banter thats just shit
djdesudo -
Gearbox Owns The Night
On 18-08-2010 02:08:39, lawless29 wrote:

[...]

only if you dont go on a power trip lol i want what we all want good sets and maybe some good banter not to see peoples deaths being mocked thats not banter thats just shit

Nuh mate, i wouldnt go on a power trip, I learn from the best!

Morango -
What is real?
On 18-08-2010 01:37:25, helleye wrote:

[...]

and many other examples, wich i did not respond

when u say sumfing pls dont tlk about gods, especially me  :)

my sarcastic mode  :') who isn't a sinner? just throw the 1st rock  ^.^

On 18-08-2010 01:03:16, Loony wrote:

[...]

Ya can't delete comments but you can close the comments on the sets that are upped.

Infact, you should be a Mod. Bert you should make this happen. if he wants to that is.

i'm OK with [set editor] ... peacemaker  :L eheheh with (E.A.) Evil Inside  :6: ehehe
steviedoyle [Set Editor] -
Life begins at 140
On 17-08-2010 18:23:04, djdesudo wrote:

[...]

1. there IS a good community on the site.

I know of many members who are friendly, polite, give great feedback and are pleasant to talk to. There is a fountain of knowledge within the site.

the information, the sets, the ratings system and the vast number of comments on every mix.

The site is fantastic  :worship:

2. The only thing i see that is not good is the attitude of some members who feel the need to impress their mates by cracking jokes. New members will not feel welcomed by other members. Help should be given instead of being slated for not knowing the basics of the site.

The degree of musical elitism with some members is pretty sad too. So you have a great knowledge of music and i dont? so what?

Also, the shoutbox is for everybody, if everyone in the shoutbox is talkign dutch i dont talk in it because i dont know what is being said. When we talk in english you can pretty much tell what is being said but you get angry that we are interupting YOUR conversation. Be civil, Be cool, Sharings caring people.

3. What needs to change is what is changing. Members who are not doing any good for the site by making stupid jokes or breaking the rules which are in place are going to be put in their place. If the site loses 20 members because they are pissed off with the changes then i say good riddance.

What bothers me though is that some of the members that are breaking the rules have the potential to be really sound.

For example, I talked to Thabomba and Thamaster last night, both had a civil discussion after approaching the conversation in a hostile manner. Thabomba admitted to making a joke on Paxtons page, realised the fault in it and i suppose in a roundabout way apologised.

The likes of Jipdenk, who is currently slating Forde's grammer for no good reason at all spent a full night translating my Gearbox write up from English to Dutch for me and he didnt have to. I was totally thankful, thought he was spot on and we both got on about our day like mature adults.

Why these members can't just continuouisly get along i dont know.

Too much male Bravado going on here and its useless at the best of times, but on the internet?  :-/

Well said mate  :thumbsup:
Star -
Queen of LSDB
On 17-08-2010 20:34:34, forde1690 wrote:

[...]

Ok my grammar is bad i am a bad person i am sorry i have not been eductated up to a high enought standard to meet your levels star.
I will go lock myself in the cuboard under the stares and get the school books out
None of my comments have ever been directed at you so why do u have to read them and pick on my grammar  :-/

Look I'm not picking on you for it and neither is Jipdenk.
I think you guys just blow this way more up then it should.
He's got as much right saying that as you should have as much right keep posting the same way.
If someone is gonna comment constantly about your grammar don't you at least read it twice then, before you are gonna post it?
I already seen an improvement from when you first typed on here.
And you too Helleye your also improving  :D  (L)
So let's all just learn from our mistakes and move on  :bday:

HappyLSDB time  :thumbsup2:
helleye -
∞ infinity of possibilit
On 18-08-2010 02:15:29, Morango wrote:

[...]

i'm OK with [set editor] ... peacemaker  :L eheheh with (E.A.) Evil Inside  :6: ehehe

aham, u gonna have attempted suicide  :) evry thing that u have to say against me keep it for u ,better like that ,!!!trust mastah  :thumbsup:
Dit topic is gesloten.