Shoutbox: [26-04] Bedlam: This website is still an utter shambles after trying umpteen browers etc over he last few weeks. If you actually try using all the facilities search etc you find that out not a couple of clicks here and there. People complained along with me at the start but when two users came on said it was not that bad nobody backed me up such is life! Do you deserve people like me and others wasting time trying to help you all on here? Them that can fix it do so I would say!

DJ-ing / Producing / Swedish House Mafia copied my Bootleg idea?

Star -
Queen of LSDB
They are called Mafia with a reason *Brings out the tommyguns*
Ensuna -
On 16-03-2011 16:08:51, Dakpan wrote:

[...]

He's looking the cat out of the tree.

You dont look the horse into the mouth
Maximumraver [Set Editor] -
aka Sloperij Janssen
I had stuff similair to this for about 10 times at least (not joking at all). I know they then haven't got the idea from me cause some of them i haven't put online till someone already did my idea, some of them were online before them though, now I don't really mind anymore, stuff just happens, the first time it happened I was totally bummed out, cause I thought everyone would think I stole his idea  :(.

Examples:

First time: I made a mash-up of Jiieeehaaaa and Welcome Down, and then a few months later Angerfist played his remix for the first time, i was like what the fuck  :( I can't beat that with my (then) current producing/mixing skill  :( that sucked.

Happens a lot with vocal samples too I was always too late cause I never finished a track back then (still not a lot now) cause i didn't think any of my tracks were any good at the time to actually finish them and put them online (which they weren't), and producers (well known) with more experience used those same vocals, and everytime it sucked to hear someone had the same idea as me, like the Tom Cruise vocal in Tropic Thunder (Nitrogenetics - Melodic Art)

A vocal from the game Mass Effect, Sovereign saying something like "You exist because we allow it, and end when we demand it" was used in a track in "Maxim Thatz @ Pure Hardcore #38"

I used the riff from Apollo 440 - Ain't Talking Bout Dub in one of my tracks, few months later "Brennan Heart - Van Halen Is A Rockstar" was played for the first time. (Different style thought)

Started working on a track with the lyrics System Of A Down - Chop Suey, a while later Paul Elstak ft Beatstream & Radiate - Angels Deserve To Die was made.

Started on a hardstyle remix of Better Off Alone, few months later, i see on youtube "The Sound Rusherz & Neilio - Better Off Alone" (which is an awesome track imo btw haha^^)

Started on a hardstyle remix of Sunshine, few months later I heard the Psychedelic version for the first time.

Started on a hardstyle remix of a Legend Of Zelda theme, few months later Frequencerz - My Awakening was played for the first time.

That's all of them I can think of right now, but I'm sure there were a lot more  :D

Also, for those saying "the just finish tracks" it's doesn't matter if the quality isn't good enough  ;) I just recently started to feel that stuff i make might be getting close to release worthy, and even then, making it takes quite a while for me  :p

tl;dr

Happens to a lot of people I guess, shit happens but try not to worry about it  ;) Just start working on a new cool idea  :)

P.S. WOW this post has become a lot more huge then I thought it was gonna be when i started it  :o