Shoutbox: [14-04] pointlesspoint: Seems like a hack. Can't report that user. Changed my account to https://soundcloud.com/pointlesspointlesspoint for now.

DJ-ing / Producing / They should ban shit like this! (poll)

dreos1337 [Set Editor] -
Jazeker, de apotheker
Stuff like this http://www.mixedinkey.com/
sinenV -
As cancerous as the program is, it's technology and people will use it. We can't stop it, but we sure as hell can bitch about it and spread the word about how stupid this shit is.
HardT3K-Tic [Set Editor] -
you can use Mixed In Key with Serato, Traktor, Ableton Live, CD-Js and all other DJ software and hardware. Mixed In Key shows you the key results, and you choose how to mix the songs together.

:doh:
Maximumraver [Set Editor] -
aka Sloperij Janssen
No they should not, I don't see why you would even start a thread like this.

Also, in some way I assume you have no idea what the program is about, and it seems that nowadays, it is marketed horribly, cause this:

It shows you which songs are compatible for flawless mixing.

After you know the key, If both tracks aren't same tempo, you will have to pitch at least 1 of them, which changes the key of that track, making it no longer fit to the key the previous track. You could use Master Tempo, but that button is a piece of shit which fucks up the bass of all tracks I've heard it being used on.
Also, just because a song is in the same key doesn't make it some sort of magic button for good mixing, and isn't even a guarantee that the tracks will fit together, the intro/outro of any of the 2 tracks might just be totally incompatible with the other track anyway.

Also this:

Are you ready to mix like David Guetta, Dubfire, Paul Oakenfold and many more?

Is just marketing, of course this is bullshit, and the program has nothing to do with "mixing like a pro".

I know from an interview that a big trance DJ (I think it was Armin Van Buuren) said he used harmonic mixing, calculating the key's before and after pitch so he can mix tracks faster, because trance tracks tend to be quite long, to each his technique, but this has nothing to do with the quality of the DJ, or a DJ's so called "skills", it's just preference in finding ways to transition from one track to another. You can't use stuff like this to create a good build-up and a solid tracklist, or even good mixing for that matter.

Also, a lot of people who've studied music theory will probably be able to tell you what key a track is in, would you like to ban music theory?

I'm not saying this program sucks btw, it's good a what it does, and I don't see a reason this shouldn't exist, you can find out the keys of tracks without a program too, but why shouldn't you be allowed to save time with stuff like this?

Useless thread is useless.
greg4850 -
Fear.FM Resident DJ
Amen!
djdesudo -
Gearbox Owns The Night
I reckon soon enough they will find a way of controlling mp3 downloads.

If every cunt in the world then wants to be a DJ and has all the technology for it, maybe then we will finally see sales for producers to a level that they deserve.

Cant stop technology though.
dreos1337 [Set Editor] -
Jazeker, de apotheker
On 19-06-2012 03:54:05, Maximumraver wrote:

No they should not, I don't see why you would even start a thread like this.

Also, in some way I assume you have no idea what the program is about, and it seems that nowadays, it is marketed horribly, cause this:

[...]

Is just marketing, of course this is bullshit, and the program has nothing to do with "mixing like a pro".

I know from an interview that a big trance DJ (I think it was Armin Van Buuren) said he used harmonic mixing, calculating the key's before and after pitch so he can mix tracks faster, because trance tracks tend to be quite long, to each his technique, but this has nothing to do with the quality of the DJ, or a DJ's so called "skills", it's just preference in finding ways to transition from one track to another. You can't use stuff like this to create a good build-up and a solid tracklist, or even good mixing for that matter.

Also, a lot of people who've studied music theory will probably be able to tell you what key a track is in, would you like to ban music theory?

I'm not saying this program sucks btw, it's good a what it does, and I don't see a reason this shouldn't exist, you can find out the keys of tracks without a program too, but why shouldn't you be allowed to save time with stuff like this?

Useless thread is useless.

Well thread is not useless at all. As I, and I think many others learned more from your post. Indeed, I had little understanding of the program. And this clears it up. Cheers domi
Maximumraver [Set Editor] -
aka Sloperij Janssen
I stand corrected then!  :D The thread does have some value  :p Cheers  :beer:
serezka -
On 19-06-2012 14:41:22, dreos1337 wrote:

[...]

Well thread is not useless at all. As I, and I think many others learned more from your post. Indeed, I had little understanding of the program. And this clears it up. Cheers domi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8d3BZQQN3A

look just how it works...